Plasipeel peelable shims are made using an identical process to our metal Easipeel range. Plasipeel can be supplied in the following materials: Mylar ® (Polyester), Kapton® (Polymide) and PEEK and is commonly used within the aerospace industry and automotive sectors, although can also be used in many other markets including agriculture, product moulding and the oil and gas industries.
Even with the advancement of non-metallic components throughout the engineering industry, customers still have a need for shimming and the associated benefits it brings.
Even with the advancement of non-metallic throughout the engineering industry customers still have a need for shimming and the associated benefits it brings.
- Reduction in assembly time due to the elimination of grinding
- Resistance to chemical agents
- High strength to weight ratio
- Compatible with non-metallic materials
- Improved electrical insulation
- Dampening and anti-vibration
- Corrosion resistance
- Peeled layers can be re-used reducing waste
- Reduced stock and inventory of solid shims and packers
PLASIPEEL – the cost effective solution to your non-metallic shimming needs, manufactured to your design and specification.
Plasipeel can be supplied in the following materials and sheet sizes
- Mylar ® (Polyester)
- Kapton® (Polymide)
Sheet sizes length 305/610/914/1220 mm width 305/457/610 mm. Standard foil thickness ranges from 0.025 (0.001″) mm.
|MYLAR ®||Value||Test Method|
|Tensile strength (Mpa)||200||ASTM D 882|
|Elongation (%)||116||ASTM D 882|
|Modulus (Gpa)||4.9||ASTM D 882|
|Density (gm/cc)||1.39||ASTM D 1505|
|Melting point (Deg C)||254||DSC|
|Specific heat (cal/gm/deg C)||0.28||DSC|
|Tensile strength (Mpa)||231||ASTM D 882|
|Elongation (%)||72-82||ASTM D 882|
|Modulus (Gpa)||2.5||ASTM D 882|
|Density (gm/cc)||1.42||ASTM D 1505|
|Melting point (Deg C)||None||ASTM E-794-85|
|Specific heat (cal/gm/deg C)||1.09||DSC|
|Tensile strength (Mpa)||100||ISO 527|
|Elongation (%)||45||ISO 527|
|Modulus (Gpa)||3.7||ISO 527|
|Density (gm/cc)||1.3||ISO 1183|
|Melting point (Deg C)||343||DSC|
|Specific heat (cal/gm/deg C)||0.52||ISO 11357|
- Plasipeel can be manufactured and tested in accordance with AMS-DTL-22499
- All our products are manufactured to ISO9001 or AS9100 quality standards
- All testing is carried out in-house within our purpose-built laboratory
- Components up to 1170mm x 580mm (46″ x 23″) can be manufactured on our high speed CNC machining centres to achieve a surface finish of 0,8 microns (32CLA)